Motivation Monday – 10 Healthy Tips
Welcome to our new series, Motivation Monday, where Utah PRSSA will bring you new motivation tips each Monday. Start your week of right with our Motivation Monday series.
I have one of the worst class schedules ever, I’m in classes back-to-back from 9 AM to 4 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It’s a long day with no microwave, fridge or cash for daily food. I have to pack a lunchbox the day before with enough food to keep me full and awake through 7 hours of learning. I’ve spent hours looking up quick and easy fixin’s for a day on campus.
1. Baby Carrots and Hummus – Yum! The hummus keeps me full through 2 classes and it’s a healthy snack.
2. Granola bars with protein – Protein is what keeps you full and they are surprisingly delicious.
3. Drink plenty of water – I down a least 32 oz of water a day. Keeps me full and alert.
4. Limit the carbs – Avoid that napping feeling after a big lunch by avoiding heavy carbs.
5. Peanut Butter – The all-natural kind will all sorts of nutrients, add a banana, apple, some grapes anything. It’s a quick and easy snack that keeps you full.
6. Greek yogurt – If you’re slow to this trend like me, wait no longer, get greek yogurt today. It’s delicious, healthy and keeps you full. It’s got a lot protein.
7. Eat breakfast – I’m extremely bad at this, I always forget to eat breakfast. But I always feel better when I do, I’m more alert.
8. Laughing Cow cheese – These little bite size guys are great for on-the-go snacking. Pair them with apples, crackers, bagels, english muffins and more.
9. Avoid greasy food – Like carbs this can weigh you down and make you tired.
10. Chocolate – That’s right chocolate. It’s good for keeping you energized, alert and it’s a great antioxidant.
Do you eat out or bring food to work/school? What are some of your healthy tips?